Post 1 (A call to revolution)

Welcome to my thoughts.  Whenever I start a blog, I think big and lose steam after some time.  For this blog, however, I'm going to try the opposite.  I want to start small and work it through one little bit at a time.  I welcome all comers, all feedback, and all perspectives, whether I agree with them or not, and I welcome you, my friends.  

I'm writing because I know education is and always has been a difficult journey for all parties.  I'm writing because I know that despite its inherent difficulty, we can do better.  I hope you will join me in a community of learning, one where we challenge the status quo and push the boundaries of education and drive ourselves to teach like we've never taught before.

If I can be quite frank, I've never really liked school.  I always love learning, but the institution kind of scared me, and now that I've seen it as an adult, it scares me even more.  Too many of us have sat back and watched as children are brutalized.  But there's hope, so much of it, scattered across the world and so many learners and educators ready to revolutionize the manner in which our youth develop and succeed.  Join me in making the world of teaching a world of hope.  Let's be the teachers they need, together.




Comments

Popular Posts